Yardenit The Jordan River Baptismal Site
Yardenit is situated on the banks of the Jordan River, at the Southern part of the Sea of Galilee.
Each year over half a million tourists and pilgrims, who come to experience the tranquility and spiritual beauty of the waters in which Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.
Jesus practiced and preached across this part of the Holy Land which hosts a plethora of sites with biblical significance.
Yardenit provides pilgrims and tourists with modern comforts in the biblical setting of the Holy Land, offering a serene and spiritual setting for those wishing to baptize in the River Jordan:
“In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. And when he came up out of water, immediately he saw the heavens opened and the Spirit descending upon him like a dove, and a voice came from heaven; ‘Thou art my beloved Son, with thee I am well pleased.” Mark 1:9-11
- Entry to the site is free.
- Visitors may rent or purchase white baptism robes on site.
- There are quiet areas for group prayers and contemplation.
- We take pride in respecting the religious sensitivities of all our visitors.
- The river banks themselves retain their pastoral landscapes, with rich greenery and wildlife.
- Otters and fish swim freely in the river.